Magnetic North East CIC ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 up to an including 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is Magnetic North East CIC of c/o Time Central, 32 Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4BF.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.magneticnortheast.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to receive emails from us, contact us with an enquiry and/or [others] and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time),products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages [page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about where you have given us explicit consent to do so. Please note that where you have given us consent, you can withdraw this at any time;
· to notify you about changes to our service;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
· We collect and process your information for the following purposes on the legal bases set out below:
· where you visit our site and/or contact us by email/telephone, to deal with your enquiry on the legal basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are our need to respond to the enquiry you have raised; and
· where you have provided us with explicit consent to do so, to contact you about events, goods or services that we think may be of interest to you. You can update your preferences at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not carry out any automated decision-making (for example profiling) with your personal data.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
· Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
· Selected third parties including:
· artists or performers booked to carry out a service (in the case of the customer)
· customers for whom services are contractually provided (in the case of the artist)
The consequence of not allowing this sharing is to prevent the delivery of contracted services.
· analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
· credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Magnetic North East or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where you have provided us with explicit consent to do so, using our consent form, we may disclose your personal data to specific third parties for agreed marketing purposes. You can update your preferences at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
When we delete your personal data
We keep your information for the following retention periods:
When you contact us we will place your contact details on our database of contacts and retain those details so that we can contact you about events and information we think you may be interested in. We will never share your details with any other organisation unless required by law. All our email mailings will include an option for you to unsubscribe. If you select this option, we will delete your details from our database. If we have not sent you anything offering you the option to unsubscribe for a period of five years, we will delete your details from our database.
Any financial information relating to bank details will be retained only for as long as required to process that transaction or in the case of anyone whom has entered into a contract with us, all invoices will be kept for a period of 6 years, as required by HMRC.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. We will ask you (when collecting your data) if you are happy for us to use your information for such purposes. You can update your preferences at any time.
Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the supervisory authority in England for the purposes of Data Protection Legislation.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal data we hold (please note that this will not override any statutory obligation for us to retain such personal data).
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate data. If you notice any inaccurate information about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request that your information is portable.
You have the right to restrict or object to processing.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
· Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.